Saturday, August 2, 2014

Quick update

This has been a busy couple of weeks.  Exciting weeks.  First, our wedding date gets closer and closer and all of the planning is coming together.  Some days are hectic and frantic, but I'm pretty confident we can pull all of this off.  The second piece of big news is that my new boss arrived this week.  So far so good.  She seems nice and I think we'll get along.  I survived the summer by myself.

The third big news item is that the bid list came out yesterday.  Third tour bidding is different than first and second tour bidding.  The biggest difference is that instead of submitting preferences of what job I want and someone else deciding, now I have to basically apply for jobs and convince people to hire me.  I would say there is a 90-95% chance that I take a job in Washington.  There are a number of jobs that I really want to do there, plus it's probably easiest with Sara's job to go to Washington for a while.  But that doesn't stop one from dreaming - visions of Argentina and Prague and South Africa go rolling through my head.

Next week is my Germany bachelor party, so I should hopefully have some more to post next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment