Sunday, July 13, 2014

Surprise!

Last weekend for the 4th of July, I decided to surprise Sara by coming back to DC for the weekend.  Despite accidentally dropping what I thought were a ton of hints, she was totally surprised when I literally arrived on her door step.


We had a fantastic weekend.  Met a friend of hers for dinner in Georgetown and watched the fireworks from the waterfront.  On Saturday, I went for a run while she went to spin class (wedding in 2 months, after all).  We spent the afternoon shopping and running errands.  On Saturday night, we met up with Aaron and Brianne, who I hadn't seen since I went to Hong Kong 3 years ago.  We had a blast and Aaron is definitely still Aaron.



Sunday morning we went to church at the church we are getting married in, followed by brunch at a nearby cafe.  Then, we decided to check out some couches that Sara had been looking at.  We ended up buying a pair of couches for her (our?) living room.  We had dinner at Sara's friend's house - eating outside at dusk on their back porch.

On Monday, I began my long journey back to Germany, landing at 6 am Tuesday and working that morning at 8.  I made it through the day, took a nap after work, and then stayed up to watch Germany destroy Brazil 7-1.  It was a long weekend, but totally worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment