Saturday, December 29, 2012

Goals for 2013


As I try to do every year, I have set goals for 2013. For one of these goals, I will need your help to meet the goal (please see below). But first, let's recap my goals for 2012.


  • Learn German.  Starting next September, I will be a full-time German student.  By the end of 2012, I want to have a decent grasp on the language.  Although I think I may have forgotten most of my German over Christmas break, I think I have met this goal. Our next progress test is in a few weeks and we hope to be at the 2/2 level. 
  • Complete my Belize bucket list.  I didn't get everything done on the list, but I completed a huge chunk of the list. 
  • Watch at least two sun rises and two sunsets (an annual goal).  I watched a number of sunsets this year, including a couple over the Pacific Ocean, the grand Tetons, Hong Kong, and a number of them in Belize. As for sun rises, I can specifically recall watching the sun rise over the ruins at Caracol and yesterday in the mountains. 
  • Tour America on the Ultimate Road Trip.  The route may change, but the goal remains the same - see parts of America that I have never seen before.  As I predicted, the route changed dramatically, but the Ultimate Road Trip was amazing. Definitely one of the highlights of 2012. 
  • Buy a house for my parents.  My parents are currently living with my grandparents after losing their home this year.  I have some money saved up, so I am hoping to be able to buy a house that they can then rent from me.  This did not happen for a number of reasons, primarily that my parents moved to Prescott Valley in May to start new jobs. 
  • Go to at least two football games (at least one Husker game); five baseball games; and three concerts.  I went to two Nebraska games (Northwestern and B1G Ten Championship); only four baseball games (Dodgers, A's, and two Nationals games); and just one concert (Garth Brooks).  But, I did attend three Broadway caliber musicals (Avenue Q, Wicked, and Les Miserables)
  • Remain a non-smoker. I won't lie and say I haven't smoked any cigarettes in 2012, but I have been able to severely limit those cigarettes to only every once in a while when I go out with smoker friends.  More impressively, my Mom has quit smoking this year.  I am so proud of you Mom!
All in all, not a bad job on my 2012 goals.  What's in store for 2013? (in no particular order)

  • Learn German at 3/3 level
  • Watch two sunrises and two sunsets
  • Weigh under 220 pounds by New Years 2014 (this is losing an additional 35 pounds)
  • Read 25 books
  • Visit at least 6 countries (not counting USA or Germany)
  • Attend at least one Bundesliga soccer match
  • Attend at least three concerts
  • Run a 5K in under 30 minutes
  • Complete a 10K race
  • Complete the Cherry Blossom 10 miler and at least one other long race (10 miles or more).
This last goal is where I need your help.  I registered for the Cherry Blossom Lottery last month, but was not selected.  My only option for entering the race is through their charity fundraiser.  I must raise $500 which will go to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals - which is a worthy cause.

My goal is to get 25 people to donate $20 each towards my goal.  If you would like to help me reach this, you can donate by going to my fundraising page.  Once I reach my goal of $500, I will be able to enter the Cherry Blossom 10 miler.  Thanks in advance.

http://www.helpmakemiracles.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=156956

No comments:

Post a Comment