Sunday, March 4, 2012

Goonies Never Say Die

If you follow this blog, you have probably seen that I still have the Belize zoo on my bucket list.  The Belize zoo is supposed to be a fantastic little zoo - the Best Little Zoo in the World.  Everyone who goes speaks highly of it.  It is only about 20 minutes from Belmopan and I still haven't made it there.  And I LOVE zoos.  So, on Friday at the Prince thing, I told my friend's Beth and Kevin that we should go to the zoo on Saturday with their kids.  But, as Saturday morning turned into Saturday afternoon, we decided to put it off until Sunday.  Then, on Saturday night, they decided that we should go with another family to the Mountain Pine Ridge.  So, I still haven't been to the zoo.

I have made two previous trips into Mountain Pine Ridge (Waterfalls! and Trial and Error), with its odd pine forest and treacherous road.  But, I had not made it down to the Rio On pools yet.  These natural pools are a serious of small waterfalls where people can swim and even slide down the waterfalls.  This now goes on to my list of things that everyone should do when they come to Belize (snorkeling, cave tubing, and a Mayan ruin are the others).
View of the falls from above

The Rio On pools

Sitting under the waterfall is one of the coolest things I have ever done.

Yep, just hanging out on the river on a Sunday afternoon.

Sliding down the natural water slides

No comments:

Post a Comment