Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

I finally got my second assignment today... and the winner is....


Frankfurt, Germany in May 2013 to be the political officer at the consulate there.  I am super excited.  Frankfurt was #7 on my bid list.  My completely tentative schedule is leave Belize in July 2012, start training in August and arrive in Germany in May 2013.  I am excited to learn German (but scared to death to take 9 months of full-time German).

And the best part?  You can fly direct from Frankfurt to practically anywhere in the world (plus Germany's awesome train system).  That means I can do lots of traveling and host lots of visitors.

6 comments:

  1. Belize to Germany? You're one lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. Congrats! Enjoy year #2 in Belize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Germany would be a great place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. That's a great assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Al. Germany's quite a departure from Belize. Long-term FSI language training is a roller coaster, enjoy!

    A Friend in Amman

    ReplyDelete