Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Growing up, I remember my Mom telling me a quote - I think it was embroidered on a decorative pillow, but I may be wrong about that - that sticks with me today:

Parents give their children two things - roots and wings.  
Roots to know where their home is and wings to fly away.

I want to thank my parents for both my roots and my wings.  They have always been there for me and have helped me become the man I am today.  I would not be where I am today without the values that they instilled in me growing up and their love and encouragement as I explore the world.  I thank them both for everything they have done for me.

I love you the most!


1 comment:

  1. There are two lasting gifts we can give to our children, One is roots - the other wings.

    You are right it was an embroideried picture.

    I'm glad you remember it - my parental philosophy. Sometimes its really hard to give those wings. Mom

    ReplyDelete